“Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things”
Ahh, ’tis the season of togetherness, love and gifting. The holidays may have come and gone, but the thoughtfulness of the ones I love is sprinkled throughout my home in the form of gifts. In a world often characterized by its fast pace and constant hustle, there’s a timeless and profound joy in the act of giving and receiving gifts. Beyond the tangible nature of these tokens lies a deeper sentiment — the art of gratitude.
Below are some of my most treasured gifts that I would like to share with all of you in the hopes that some of these things will better your lives as they have mine:
- Harry Potter Word Search – though this is not the exact version of the one I got, this was (and still is) such an amazingly fun way to unwind.
- Wax Seal Kit – again, not the exact set gifted to me, but this was such a wonderful surprise! being extra, as I can be, this was an amazing addition for my repertoire of ways to add magical touches to things.
- Sock Shoes – my boyfriend thought these were funny.. as a result, everyone he knows received a pair.. and we all wear them. Whether running out to get the mail, or walking around the house.
- Colorku – I have always loved sudoku so when I saw this Colorku game in a catalogue, I immediately added it my wish list!
- Harry Potter Tamagotchi – my 90’s inner self about DIED when i learned they had combined my favorite old school toy with HARRY POTTER! With this version of the beloved digital pet, you have the option of caring for numerous magical creatures!
- Daily Prophet Ornaments – once again, my boyfriend knows me all too well. Harry Potter is my favorite book series in the world. And with that love, comes subcategories of different parts of the wizarding world that I love- the wizarding newspaper, The Daily Prophet being one of those things. He found these darling miniature versions of the newspaper in ornament form!
- Chinese Checkers – Sorry, you cannot have the HANDMADE board and natural stone marbles that was gifted to me by my sister and brother-in-law, but you can enjoy the game non the less.
- Herbology Mirror – I had no words when this mirror was presented to me. On that fateful day when the email came in from pottery barn, showcasing their newest Harry Potter items for Christmas, I knew I could never (and should never) spend the money they were asking for this mirror… as fate would have it, my all too generous boyfriend stumbled upon it during a sale and the rest is history. It will forever adorn my bedroom with its mandrakes and mushrooms.
- Business & Pleasure Beach Chair – I’ve had my eye on this chair for years. I am happy to report that I will finally be lounging on the beach this summer in the beach chair of my dreams (with the matching cooler!)
- Ransom Notes – another hilarious game to play with the fam.
- Christmas Coffee – I am a sucker for packaging… this adorable bag o’ joe didn’t disappoint.
In the intricate dance of giving and receiving, gratitude emerges as the harmonizing melody that enriches the entire experience. Being thankful for gifts is not merely a courteous gesture; it is a transformative practice that amplifies the joy inherent in the act of giving. As we unwrap the physical and emotional layers of the gifts we receive, let us not forget to express our gratitude — not only for the items themselves but for the love, thoughtfulness, and connections they represent. In the canvas of our lives, gratitude adds vibrant strokes that elevate the simple act of receiving into a symphony of appreciation and mutual understanding.